If you think you need to be seen urgently please telephone the surgery on 01730 812022. We can arrange an emergency appointment or offer advice. Patients in pain should always be seen on the same day but not always by their regular dentist.
A call to 01730 812022 outside surgery hours will be met by a recorded telephone message instructing existing patients how to obtain help or treatment.
This message may vary during public holidays and at other times but the general guidance is as follows:
- Regular patients who have a dental emergency should telephone our private emergency dental rota on 01 243 958 900. You may be requested to leave a message but your call should be returned as soon as a participating dentist comes on duty. Advice from this service is free. If you require out of hours treatment from a rota dentist, emergency treatment only will be offered. Several practices support this rota so you may have to travel a short distance. Please make sure you ask the treating dentist his call-out fee and his estimated treatment charges. The call-out fee will be typically £100 but no more than £180 and the treatment charges no more than £120.
- An additional free service is available at St Richard’s Hospital Jubilee Clinic. This can be contacted by telephoning 01243 793 697.
- If in doubt please call either of these numbers for free advice.
- If you are suffering from severe uncontrollable pain, bleeding or swelling which is making breathing difficult, go directly to your nearest accident and emergency hospital.
- If your symptoms are life-threatening dial 999.